Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Sketchbook Project

my cover

The Sketchbook Project from ArtHouse Co-op
(click this link for details, images and video about the project)

 "It's like a concert tour, but with sketchbooks."

What an interesting project to be involved in.  Very few rules -  no pressure -  non-juried - anyone can participate... just plain cool!  

I love how my book turned out.  It's really just what I always do - random, automatic drawings that may or may not lead to a painting.  My book was about me just having fun - playing with crayons, graphite pencils, colored pencils, pastels, sharpies, paint - what ever I felt like doing at the time. My theme was "the view from up here" - which influenced the beginning of the drawings, but was mostly abandoned during the developement of them --- but that's how I roll.

The collection of submitted sketchbooks will travel around the country to multiple venues and wind up in the permanent collection of the Brooklyn Art Library.  I think it's time to start planning my road trip to see the whole project in person:

No comments: